Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Science of Cooking at Harvard: course, videos, and job opening

Others have beaten me to all of this news, but in honor of last night’s Top Chef: All-Stars finale and for those who haven’t heard I’ll mention it…

Harvard now offers a Science of Cooking class!* The actual class is only open to Harvard undergraduates (an inside look), but accompanying it is a series of public lectures, and happily these are all available on YouTube. Here’s the first one:



And here’s the link to the channel. (I haven’t had time to watch any yet, but I’m looking forward to it.)

I learned about this recently when I saw a job ad for a preceptor for the course, which would be a great gig for a scientist with teaching experience and an interest in cooking. Applications are due April 4th!

* For the record, I did suggest something like this at Pharyngula a couple of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment