Monday, August 29, 2011

Tim Zimmermann on captive whale attacks

I'll have a lot more to say about captive wild animals and related issues in the coming weeks and months, but I wanted to point to a recent article by Tim Zimmermann, "Blood in the Water," about the killing of Alexis Martínez by Keto at Loro Parque in the Canary Islands, just two months before Tilikum killed Dawn Brancheau at SeaWorld Orlando.* In it, he refers and links to his article from last year, "The Killer in the Pool." They have a slightly different focus than I do, but I recommend both.

*Tilikum's story is tragic. According to Wikipedia, SeaWorld has put him back to work.


[Source]

1 comment:

  1. I've started a boycott page on facebook, and am adding a link to this article to emphasize my point and the point of this story. Greed and cruelty is the only real reason to keep these beautiful peaceful giants captive. Thank you for writing this story.

    ReplyDelete