Sunday, July 22, 2012

Interlude - Brooklyn Botanic Garden

I spent a beautiful afternoon at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden last week. I was with people I wouldn’t ask to spend hours standing around while I set up shots, so no time for anything complex, but here are a few of my favorites. These first three are in the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden:

From the pictures I’ve seen, I would love the garden in the colorful spring, but I also appreciate these more subdued greens (and am developing a somewhat unhealthy obsession with grasses). Oh, and here's a short piece about the principles of Japanese garden design.

This last is from the bonsai museum:

Fudo is no longer living. Technically.

There were of course pretty flowers, too, and I’ll probably post some pictures of those in a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment