Sunday, September 18, 2011

Morgan case update from the Orca Coalition

The coalition's Twitter feed (@orkacoalitie) linked to this update earlier today:
First of all we would like to thank you for the wonderful support we have received from the moment Morgan was taken from the sea. This has meant a lot to us but also to Morgan. This support is what keeps us going and gives us the extra energy to keep up the fight day after day.

We would also like to give you an update on the current situation. Unfortunately we cannot go into the details on some parts, but hopefully this gives more clarity.

This last week the Orca Coalition has been writing and collecting additional documents that we could submit to the Ministry following the hearing on 9 September. These documents serve to support our arguments for Morgan's release.

In the near future it should become clear what the Ministry will decide. Will it be Loro Parque in Tenerife, or will they finally decide that Morgan can return to her family in the wild? Because we certainly take into account a negative decision, we are preparing ourselves for a possible subsequent lawsuit. Also raising funds to cover the legal expenses is badly needed.

Of course we hope that the Ministry will make the right decision, allowing Morgan to finally begin her rehabilitation and a life of freedom in the prospect, from which much can be learned. If the Ministry decides to release Morgan we will continue to work on her rehabilitation and we will give support where needed.

We hope to be able to give you more information soon.

The Orca Coalition

No comments:

Post a Comment